A Nice Sunny Day and A Date Nut Loaf

I love sunny days. And finally, one came along. Something about sunny days put people in a good mood. I definitely felt better today, well, it was also because I had 4 non working days. Staying out of the office really helped. I went for walks today and done some shopping. I wish this day didn't have to end. But I guess too much of a good thing is also not good.


Speaking of good, I went through another Dorie Greenspan's recipes and discovered the Date Nut Loaf. It's a really nice snack cake and very filling too.


Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 ounces butter (I used an entire 250g of unsalted butter here) at room temp
85 g of cream cheese at room temp
3/4 cup light brown sugar (I only used 1/2 cup)
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (Dorie's recipe also used 1 tsp almond extract but I omitted this)
1 cup chopped pitted dates
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 165C. And grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Dust the inside and all sides with some flour. Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet.
Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
Using a hand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together until smooth about 2 mins. Add the sugar and mix for 3 mins. Add 1 egg at at time, mixing well in each addition, about 1 min. The mixture will curdle, don't worry this will come together later. Add the extracts and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the nuts and dates. Pour into the loaf pan.
Bake for 40mins. Tent with a foil and bake for another 40mins. Mine just took another 30mins until done.
Place on a wire rack to cool for 10mins before turning out to cool completely.


Comments