Blogger's Block and A Nostalgic Recipe

I've been on Instagram lately and I have to admit - it's addictive. The urge to take a photo of anything and everything is so hard to resist. After a few clicks, it's uploaded for everyone to see. You don't really need a lot of words to describe it. It goes to show how much people love eye-candy.

Having said that, my old digital camera is alive at last - my old Sony Cybershot DSC-W55. This is my first digital camera with 7.2 megapixels. I used to take this with me to all the restaurants, market strolls, delis and wine bars around town. Honestly, I still love it. I started taking pictures with it again then realized that it's lacking the real-time feature that I (and most people) crave. I'm still debating if I want to replace this camera or not.

Two weekends ago, I made (thrown together probably best describes it) this rice noodle dish with organic brown rice noodles. This dish is my so non-traditional, lazy and out-of-the-hat recipe that I'm sure my Grandma will not like. But - it works for me. It's very satisfying and with the veggies loaded into this, you won't feel guilty at all.

The most important piece in this recipe is the sauce. It's a couple of teaspoons of black bean sauce with 1 teaspoon of Chinese chili sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 3 teaspoons of light soy sauce, 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 thumb size grated ginger. When everything is cooked along with the noodle, mix the sauce in.


Comments