Slow Cooked Old School Pork Loin Chops with Cabbage

I finally got around to make this and it's worth the wait. I got a bottle full of caraway seeds that I have no idea what to make with. So after a few hours of research, I found that I can use it with braised cabbage. Braised cabbage is nothing exciting really but it just so happens that it's a nice winter dish.

I got 4 really thick old school pork loin chops from Cannings. I browned all the chops in little olive oil and placed them on a plate. Then I cook the chopped cabbage and onions. Add 2 tsps of caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Mix through. Place the chops on top of the cabbage and onion mixture. Pour some water just up to halfway through the cabbage. Place this, covered, into a 160C oven for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover, then cook for 30mins more.



Comments