One Healthy Cookie: With Quinoa Flakes and other leftovers

I found this recipe for cranberry oatmeal cookies from TLT but of course, I don't have dried cranberries and I don't have 2 cups of oatmeal. So, what do I do? I use leftovers of course!

Recently, I wanted to cook quinoa flakes for breakfast, but I've never actually gotten around to do it...yet. I found multiple recipes but something about it always brings me back to one thought - OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES. I am a fan of Dorie Greenspan's version, which is also a peanut butter cookie. PS. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out!

So, I present my first ever healthy (although slightly confused), cookies made with quinoa flakes.

Ingredients

1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
3 tbsp honey (or more to taste)
2 tbsp olive oil (or any oil of your choice)
1/4 cup choc chips
1/4 cup sultanas or raisins
1/2 cup warm water (do not pour it all in at once)

Preheat oven to 180C. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.

Mix dry ingredients first. Mix wet ingredients next (except the warm water). Add wet to dry. Slowly pour in the warm water while mixing, until you can form a ball from the mixture with your hands. I used about 1/3 cup. Place the balls on the sheet and slightly press down. Bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown. Transfer and cool completely on a cooling rack.

Yum!!!


Comments