Black Olive Tapenade: The New Avocado On Toast + A Healthy Pasta

I recently made a jar of black olive tapenade from an effort to get rid of a whole jar of olives. Now, after making the tapenade, I realized that I didn't know what to do with it aside from using it as a spread.

Several Google's later, I found that I black olive tapenade is actually good with avocados on toast from Strawberry Plum. I was really skeptical at first. I normally favor feta cheese with my avocado on toast but what the heck, I'm the only one eating here, right? And guess what? It's actually pretty good.

Black Olive Tapenade with Avocado on Spelt Toast


Another way to use it is, yup, you guessed it...as a pasta sauce! For olives fans out there, this is for you!
In a bowl, combine the zest of 1 lemon plus half of its juice, chopped tomatoes, 1 canned tuna (in brine, brine discarded), spinach leaves, black olive tapenade and pasta (any type will do here, I used spelt fettucine).



Comments