Soup Me Up! Mixed Bean, Chicken and Tomato Soup

After browsing through the Donna Hay magazine, I came up with another version of the soup. This is a very easy soup to make and you can actually put anything in. Ok, maybe not anything but you can definitely come up with your own version of this.

Put some oil on a soup pot and lightly sautee 2 cloves of chopped garlic and 1 chopped brown onion.

I used chicken tenders here, but the original recipe used chicken breasts that were later shredded. I did this the Nigella (Lawson) way, by fishing out the tenders then snipping them using kitchen scissors.

I then added 1 can of mixed beans (the original recipe used red kidney beans), 1 cup of passata, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 600mls of boiled water, chopped cilantro roots, salt and 1 tsp of sugar to balance it out. Simmer for 10mins and you have a decent bowl of soup!

I chopped the cilantro leaves and then added some goat's cheese on top of the soup. Yum!


Comments