My 3-day Juice Cleanse: Schkinny Maninny

I was a bit skeptical to try this at first. After reading a lot of bloggers on what they experienced after doing this - some 3 days and some 5 days, I decided to give it a go. Besides, what could happen to me in 3 days of just drinking juice and veggies, right?

Day 1 - I got my eskies piled up for the next 3 days. I like the pink capped bottles and the labels on them that is very descriptive on what is in the juice, the health benefits and further instructions like if you can warm up the drink or not. Day 1 is pretty OK for me. Nothing special happened. I did feel a bit fuzzy. Headache quickly followed towards the end of the day. The six juices did not make me feel hungry. A comment is that the butter seed soup is DELISH! I want more, if I could.


Day 2 - Got the sniffles. Usually, if I start to sneeze non-stop, that's not a good sign. But after that ordeal, it was alright for me. I had some of the seeds so that I won't miss chewing so much. I used the bath soak, scrubbed the dead skin cells away and drank some detox tea. I was a good girl and went to bed early.


Day 3 - Today is a bit unusual. It's "purging" day. I can't find a better word to describe it. I feel hungrier today too and was craving for something more substantial but I'm determined to complete this and save myself for real food tomorrow. I'm on my 5th juice now.



Throughout the weekend, I kept going to the toilet. My mouth felt dry so I had to keep drinking water. I didn't experience nausea or dizziness. I was still able to focus (like reading). Most of the time, I felt tired and napped a lot.

Result is that I felt lighter and the bloated feeling is all gone. I don't have a weighing scale so I'm not sure if I've lost weight.


Moving on, I'm not sure what to eat the next day now that 3 days of juice cleanse is all done. I'm thinking of going back to my regular diet and maybe stay away from meat and dairy for the first few days. I'm sure to get back on the caffeine train. But this juice cleanse has definitely encouraged me to have more fruits and veggies in my diet.

Will definitely do it again after 2 months.



Comments