My Test Kitchen: Lime and Pistachio Cake

I got my new Donna Hay magazine for winter last Friday. I look forward to receiving her magazine. I've tried a lot of recipes from her and they are always simple and delicious!

Yesterday was baking day. I haven't baked in while. I'm looking for recipes without white flour in them and this one is just perfect. I was so thrilled to see that the magazine has a section on flourless cakes! It's as if she's reading my mind!

This lime and pistachio cake is really simple to make. You do have to wait for about an hour for it to finish but it's worth it!

Cream 150g softened butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tbp grated lime rind and 1 tsp vanilla extract together. Beat 4 eggs one at a time until well combined. Add 1 1/2 cup almond meal and 1 cup pistachio meal. I bought whole pistachios and ground them up in a small food processor. Grease and line a 23cm cake pan with butter then baking paper. In a 160C oven, bake for about an hour. The original recipe baked it in a loaf pan, but I used a springform cake pan instead.

Here's the result: a fluffy cake that is not too sweet. The original recipe also drizzled the cake with honey to serve.


Comments