Sticky Lime and Ginger Chicken with Bok Choy

I love Donna Hay's magazine. The first time I heard about Donna Hay was during my cookbook scouring days back in Manila, about 6-7 years ago. I enjoy reading her books, the outline always organized and the recipes easy to make. I'm not surprised that I kept making her recipes one after another, they are so yummy and the ingredients are those that you can find easily at your local grocery. If in case you can't find the ingredients, you can always think of ways to substitute.

I subscribed to Donna Hay's magazine for a year and this is this year's Autumn issue. I already have 3-4 dishes that are on my list to try. One being this easy Sticky Lime and Ginger Chicken. I used bok choy instead of gai larn as the recipe called for. I also used only 3 chicken thighs instead of 8, so I estimated the sauces.

The sauce is made from honey, oyster sauce, lime juice (will add more next time), grated ginger, crushed garlic (I also grated this into the sauce) and water. Mix this and set aside. Cook the cut up chicken thighs in some oil until cooked through. Blanch the greens and set aside on a plate. Pour the sauce on the chicken and simmer until the sauce turns sticky and coats the chicken. Yum! Will definitely make this again. Thanks, Donna!

Comments