Mud Cake and A Non-Existent Waistline

I'm dangerously close to gaining another size since I came back. I blame it on all the food I eat outside and all the baking I do at home.

Since today is a public holiday and I love staying in, I decide to spend half the day baking just to stock up on my food for the week. I really like the fact that I can bake stuff just by following an easy recipe with simple ingredients.

Looks like I won't be losing any of my old weight after all...

This Mississippi Mud Cake recipe is supposed to come with a chocolate ganache icing and chili cherries but I got a little lazy and just made the cake. I LOVE IT. Too bad we humans only have one stomach. The cake crumb is dense but supple, the outside layer is cake-y but inside is moist. I think I'll let it stand outside tonight then put it in the fridge before going to work tomorrow. It's going to be such a temptation not to eat through all of that. I guess I can always slice it up then freeze it for up to 2 months, just to keep it out of my sight!


Comments