The Lasagna Cake

A few friends and I drove up to Sandy Point and stayed at a cozy house close to the beach. It was a lovely weekend and I think it's been ages since I've hiked...with slippers! Yes, I was crazy and yes, I wasn't prepared. What can I say? I was ambushed into exercising. I forgot to mention that I have this no-exercise-no-camping rule. So imagine me, sweating away...ok, maybe not!

After our 3.4km 2-way walk, it was time to prepare the lasagna. Surprisingly, there was no baking tray in sight so I just have to make do with what's available in the kitchen. How about a round springform cake pan? To be honest, I like things done and made a certain way. I can be quite adventurous in certain foods but not in so much with my cooking. I pondered a lot of options - the only other choice left was the roasting tin. So I made the meat sauce and bechamel the same way as always, lined the pan with foil twice and started layering. 

I'm quite weirded out by the shape of the lasagna, I can't get it out of my head that this is a savory dish in a pan where you make sweet goods in. All that's missing are birthday candles! I cut the lasagna into 8 pieces and it was happily devoured.


Comments