SAZL Sweats: Last Christmas...

From memory, this had to be the best Christmas that I've had, extremely opposite from how I spent Christmas back in 2011. How ironic that life can be so extreme sometimes. It reminded me to not be too sad over certain circumstances because something happy and fun is just awaiting around the corner.

Having recently migrated to Melbourne and moved to a new apartment (with a lovely kitchen, at that!), I took advantage of being the full-time cook while listening to my family's oohs, aahs and mmms around the table, filling in the gaps of my apartment.

The crazy organizer in me came up with an almost full 2-week menu - most of it wasn't followed to the letter, of course. With this, I'm posting the highlights of the meals that I've cooked during this time from breakfast, lunch and dinner (and yes, it includes dessert!).

Breakfast - Egg Frittata and Shashuka - both recipes taken from the Saveur Cookbook - The New Comfort Food:



The Day before Christmas Dinner - Green Curry Noodles with Prawns, Korean Hot Pepper Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing





New Year's Eve Dinner - Greek Salad, Grilled Porterhouse and Spiced Glazed Carrots


New Year's Eve Dessert - Walnut Cake - recipe taken from The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden


Just Lunch - Baked Chicken and Rice with Egg Crust - recipe taken from The Food of Spain by Claudia Roden

Comments