The Lazy Weekend @ Bistro Flor, North Fitzroy

Now that I'm temporarily living at Fitzroy North, I'm taking advantage of what the area has to offer. To my surprise, I've already made a huge list of places to try and successfully convinced PG to come along for the ride. Besides, eating alone can be fun but having someone along to talk to about the experience is better.

I've read about Bistro Flor way back, before I left for Melbourne last January. I've been wanting to try out their ever changing French menu. I'm a sucker for French food but I'm also picky. I wouldn't regard all French restaurants serving French food as "good" or "awesome" or "authentic". I won't be snobbish and say I'm an expert either. The clincher: I've NEVER been to France. But just by judging from what I've learned from culinary school and reading through French cookbooks, French food is laden with butter and no one makes a good Bechámel better than the French. And oh, did I forget to say the word "butter" somewhere here?

Bistro Flor is only open for brunch on the weekends. They don't have an extensive selection, but it's a decent menu. The coffee is not excellent, but not below Ludo too. For food, I had their Croque Madame. I have to admit that this is one of the better versions that I've had anywhere. It's at par with the Croque Madame at Chez Dré (South Melbourne). I'm pretty sure their other brunch items are good too, just on another weekend perhaps.




Bistro Flor on Urbanspoon

Comments

Unknown said…
looks yummy insan~~ ^^