SAZL Sweats: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins

Housemate is craving for anything with cinnamon after we had really good, hot cinnamon Italian doughnuts at the Kent Hotel close by. We then ventured the very next weekend to South Melbourne and got some freshly made ones (at $0.80 each) at Fritz Gelato. DG said that the parking ticket was more expensive than the doughnuts so we ordered a baker's dozen. PG's verdict is that the doughnuts are passable and would satisfy him for the moment.

A few weeks later, PG got a muffin tray for his apartment. So this is my first attempt at making cinnamon flavored muffins. I was actually not looking for the best recipe, I just wanted a recipe that I can make with whatever we already have in the pantry. I found this recipe from The Way to His Heart. The muffins turned out really nice and crumbly. It also has a texture that resembles a doughnut from the outside. All in all, it's a success.


Comments