Yummy Yakitori @ Sumiya, San Jose, California

Guess what? I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina now. But this post is not about Charlotte. I recently went for a super short trip (or a food trip if I might say so) to see my Aunt C at San Jose, California! We've been exchanging emails about our food trips and I finally got the chance to get her to show me around her favorite places! I only did a few very tourist-y activities, that is to visit the Golden Gate Bridge and Pier 39.

For my first dinner at San Jose, my aunt took me to Sumiya for yakitori. I've always kicked myself for not having to try that yakitori place in Melbourne but coming over here to California to have some isn't that bad :). So we had the following (salmon, scallops, beef tongue, chicken tenders, pork belly, duck breast, chicken wings and kolbi beef)











The verdict: I have to say that the best out of all the yakitoris is the chicken wings! They're crunchy, tasty and juicy. I chose almost all of them to just have the salted flavor because I wanted to taste the natural flavor of the meat and it really works. I prefer them to be cooked this way with just a squeeze of lemon. The next best one would have to be the duck breast then the scallops. The rest of the meats were a bit chewy and tough although the flavors were good. We also had some other dishes such as the yellow tail with a light soy sauce dressing and mayonnaise and the two colored braised tofu.

Comments