Pizza Rustica @ Pizza Antica, San Jose, California

My first lunch in San Jose is what I would like to call my ideal al fresco lunch. The weather was just right, with families along with their kids and pets walking around Santana Row. I was enjoying the view, the company and of course, the food! I'm not a great fan of pizza, coming from a background where the best gourmet pizza I've had was a cheese pizza from Domino's. But all that has changed since I've lived and travelled in Australia and now I've learned to appreciate a real, good pizza. Therefore, Pizza Antica did not disappoint.


We had two flavors of pizzas:



Rapini, Caciocavallo, Burrata and Chili Oil - This is my favorite of the 2 pizzas. It's light and fresh but can still fill you up. I enjoy the crust of the pizza but I believe that it can be better and thinner. It can hold the toppings well and I love the burrata cheese!


Heirloom Potato, Caramelized Onion and White Truffle Oil with Prosciutto - I like the thinly sliced heirloom potatoes, they almost had this crunchy taste but still firm. The prosciutto is a nice addition but I would probably choose another type of meat next time. The truffle oil smelled awesome and really whet our appetities. How can you go wrong with a combination like this? But we agreed that the combination was too bland.

Comments