The Sweetest Thing @ Burch and Purchese, Chapel Street

It was a wet, gloomy walk from the South Yarra station to Burch and Purchese. Makes me wonder why I even bother. It's cold, it's wet and when is winter gonna end??

Walking into Burch and Purchese will melt even the heart of the toughest of men. One word to describe the store is lovely. Or sweet even. I've been satifsying my sweet tooth too much these days, it's been bad for me. Just this past week, I made my way to La Belle Misette and Cupcake Central. These are fast becoming my favorite dessert places for pretty obvious reasons.

Going back to B&P, the place is spacious and pristine with bottles and bars of sweetness stacked on the wall. I took a short walk and was easily able to name about 5 things I want to get from there. The Mandarin Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate Mint, Very Lemon Curd and White Chocolate with Pink Peppercorn bars were all calling out my name, I thought I fell deaf from all that sweetness screeching.
I ended up getting the Half Chocolate and Hazelnut and Half Salted Caramel spread, Cucumber and Lime Sorbet (yes! I'm missing summer!!) and Banana, Caramel and Rum petit cake. Seriously, I wanted to get more but I had to consciously stop myself.
This Sunday morning was a bit cold and wet. I wasn't feeling like breakfast, except a strong cup of piping hot coffee from the plunger, of course. I glanced over to my dining table and remembered that I bought the spread. Several minutes later, I was happily swirling the jar of sweetness, making sure that the chocolate mixes slightly with the salted caramel. A bit of this stuff on a slice of warm toast made me realize how delicious life is.

Visit Burch and Purchese Sweet Studio:
647 Chapel Street
South Yarra


Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio on Urbanspoon

Comments