Dosa, the Indian Crepe @ Chilli Padi, Melbourne CBD

This may seem weird but I've never had a dosa in my life except a few weeks ago. I'm sort of training myself for a trip to India this coming December, so better get aquainted with the food there. I don't want to get a food shock. Most friends who have been to India and back are not too enthusiastic with the food that they've experienced there. There were a couple of things that they told me to stay away from. I realize recently that I actually have more Indian friends than Aussie ones and they have been encouraging about travelling to their country/city/state and stopping me from attempting to try every food in sight.
Back to the dosa. This is a thin crepe made from rice with a filling of mashed potatoes with tumeric and ghee. It is a bit oily. And huge! I definitely love the crispy ends of the crepe and I manage to gobble those parts off as quickly as they came out. The crepe is a bit on the bland side, given that they serve this with 3 sauces, that's understandable. So to those who think that Indian cuisine is limited to just curries, think again. I recommend you give this a try.

Comments