The Pancakes that went to Japan @ Okonomi-Ju, Rebecca Walk, Melbourne CBD

Okonomi-Ju is just a few steps away from where I live, I've always taken it for granted. Little did I know that they serve up these nice Japanese pancakes called okonomiyaki, which they put up on the board with pride. There are no fancy Japanese chefs in this little establishment. Just honest, simple and wholesome food. I'm also surprised that in a few months from this opening, it has already gathered a nice group of fans who liked this warm, creamy snack along with some other things. Okonomi-Ju also serves donburi and some traditional Japanese sweets, which I have yet to try.
I ordered the vegetarian/tofu okonomiyaki pancake, which has both a crunchy and creamy texture at the same time. The only problem I had with this was that it has too much sauce. Maybe this is the way it is served even in Osaka, but maybe a little less salty would make it perfect.

Okonomi-Ju on Urbanspoon

Comments