Homey Brekky @ Figs Cafe, Carlton North

I was planning on having brunch at Dench Bakers but it seemed like everyone had the same idea that morning. After getting me some croissants and olive bread to go, I walked along Nicholson Street, thinking on weather I should walk further down for another trip to Pope Joan.

Feeling lazy, I noticed that the cafés along Nicholson are buzzing with the morning rush. Not a bad sign. I've tried Birdie Num Nums before, which was fairly good but I remembered ordering an uninteresting option from the menu. Walking down, something caught my eye. Figs. Figs? Ok, this I've got to try.

I was instantly welcomed by a server who wore a very Bob Marley looking hat. I don't think everyone could pull off that look but he did! And with blonde hair too! I can't say that I fell in love with the place instantly but I most definitely love the zucchini and feta cheese fritters. And the desert lime chutney, of course. I wanted to ask them if they sell a jar of this somewhere. I can imagine this with grilled meat or fish or in a sandwich with turkey.

Next time you're around Nicholson Street, give this a try.

Figs Café on Urbanspoon

Comments