SAZL Scenes: My Sydney Food Trip

Of course, this wasn't entirely a food trip. It was too difficult for me to not include everything that we've eaten, so here's a collage I made courtesy of Photovisi Online. I think that this is a great alternative to manually using Paint and editing it. It will be painstaking.
Most of my Sydney food trip, sad to say, was spent at Westfield food court. But, hear me out. The place actually has a good selection of food and the choices are just enough to make us come back here for more.
On our first night, we went to Liverpool Street to try out the sushi train at Sushi Tei. The atmosphere is quite good but I'm a bit disappointed with the options along the sushi train. You can also, of course, ordered from the menu. The first two items from the image were taken from the sushi train. The grilled scallop was not good at all. Bad choice on our part. The smooth topping on top was actually mayonnaise and the entire scallop was smothered with it. I thought it was a waste of seafood. My favorite was the scallop sushi, it was fresh and juicy.
The third picture, Diethnes Special, was taken at Diethnes Greek Restaurant. Sis and I were walking up and down Pitt and George Streets, looking for a good place for dinner. Diethnes was well-hidden and it was just a stroke of chance that we went in. Actually, we were ready to walk past it after glancing at the menu, then a couple started to walked in. They gave us the thumbs up that the place was good, so we went in and checked it out. We had the mezze plate with grilled cheese, 2 dips, lamb meatballs and zucchini fritters. The Diethnes Special proved to be a good home cooked Greek dinner of stewed vegetables, melt-in-your-mouth lamb, cabbage rolls and a nice slice of eggplant moussaka. One thing that was disappointing though was the baklava. It was too soggy. It made us feel that the dessert was not made fresh on the day they served it.
The last picture on the first row was taken from Westfield at Bondi Beach. It's Lobster Mornay. Nothing really special about it.
The entire second row was from Westfield in Sydney CBD. My absolute favorite food stall will have to be Din Tai Fung (where the Xiao Long Bao came from). We also had their Shrimp and Pork Wonton Noodle Soup and Jia Chiang Noodles (minced pork with black bean paste) which were so good I wished they can open a branch in Melbourne.
The third row (first 3 pictures) were from the Bourke Street Bakery. I have their cookbook and after browsing through it, it went high up on my foodie list of places to visit in Sydney. I adored their beef brisket pie among others. We also had their chocolate tart and rhubarb tart that morning.
On the last row, Caramelt is from Guylian along the Opera House strip, which was a nice, light cake. The next two cupcakes were taken from the Sparkle Cupcakery, loved the Oriental Tea gluten free cupcake! The last pictures (third and last rows) were from Sweet Infinity. I had their Honey and Caramel macaron. Not bad at all.
Whew! =)

Comments