Almost Missed Brunch @ Pope Joan, Nicholson Street

We decided to take the 96 to Nicholson Street to have brunch at Pope Joan. We had fun getting lost, hoping off then on the tram again. At first, we thought we missed it, but then, PG saw that we need to walk 30 minutes to get there, DG thought it's a good idea to hop on again. Yea, I agree. We got off too early. For those who will be taking the 96, get off 2 stops after Scotchmer Street. Walk half a block and you're there.

DG loved the place the instant we walked in. And I have to admit that the place is charming, probably next to Hardware Societé which is my absolute favorite brunch place in terms of the interiors. We decided to take a seat outside the courtyard because it is a good day to be out and indeed it is.
Coffee is from AllPress, which is nice. We had 2 coffees each. DG promptly checked that the foam was not burnt, an inside joke we started when we had bad coffee at Healesville (Giant Steps). Food-wise, I had the Corned beed croquette, fried egg, celeriac remoulade. I can't really say that it's outstanding or mind-blowing but it is certainly different. Combination was good, I love-love-love the celeriac remoulade, I can have cups of these on a sandwich with whatever meat or seafood. The corned beef croquete was nice and I like the way they made it, it wasn't mushy but still bursting with goodness. I honestly envied PG's choice of Smoked Egg, grilled corn zucchini omelette. A mental note to have it next time.
Nice weather with nice good, good coffee and excellent company. Great way to start off the weekend.

Moomba Festival is on!

Pope Joan on Urbanspoon

Comments