Guilty Pleasures @ LuxBite, South Yarra

I've browsed all over the internet to read about reviews of LuxBite. It's relatively new and it's increasingly popular, especially to those macaron addicts like me. Most of you might know by now that my definition of a good macaron is one that is produced at the Tea Room @NGV. There was a time when I go there EVERY WEEKEND just to get macarons. It.Was.Insane.Really.
I hate to say that I envy every single one of you who lives in South Yarra or at least those that have the capacity to go there every day at their convenience. LuxBite is the most recent addition to the macaron loving crowd. After reading all about it from a handful of reliable foodie bloggers, I literally yanked myself out of bed today to try it out.
The patisserie is something that's cut out of a magazine. It's all in white, with simple chairs but very tasteful. Interiors are well-thought out and looks like nothing could go wrong here. I didn't have the time to have a proper sit down tea with macarons, so I just decided to take some away.
I chose the Bestseller pack which has 8 pieces for $19. My apologies because my brain can't contain all of the flavors in the box. But what I can remember are: Rose and Lychee, Kaya Toast, Chocolate Freckles, Sicilian Pistachio, Raspberry, Watermelon Yoghurt, Peanut Butter and Jelly. Well, that's 7 out of 8. They have 16 flavors in total. Maybe I'll try all of them next time :)
So what's the verdict? Love.Love.Love. I can say that they're at par with the macarons at the Tea Room. Though the macarons at the TR are bigger and thicker. Sweetness wise, they're not too sweet and the flavors are out of this planet. I love the Watermelon Yoghurt. I can have 5 of these babies.
The Rose and Lychee is also one of my favorites, though I like TR's version better. There's something about the rosewater cream that just screams: EAT ME.I also tried the Kaya Toast which is...hmm...buttery. If you enjoy Kaya toast, you'll like this one.


LuxBite on Urbanspoon

Comments