Drinking Party + Good Food @ World Restaurant and Bar, Southbank

I'm glad PG suggested to come to this place for dinner. There is a lot to like about the place. I actually didn't care so much about the interiors. It's roomy and slightly cozy, with enough space that your elbows won't bump into some unknown stranger's and far enough that the people on the other table won't know what you're talking about. Tonight is some sort-of a drinking night for us, because we are looking forward to the end of the work week. FRIDAY FINALLY ARRIVED!

Given that we are really not party animals though we do like our drinks. PG and I will usually share a bottle of wine but tonight is cocktail night. I have no idea how PG spotted Green Tea Party from the list of cocktails. It is meant for 2 people to share but, what the heck, we ordered us each a pot of it. From the description: this cocktail brings together Jose Cuevo Tequila,
Smirnoff Citrus Vodka and the much under-rated yet deliciously divine Zen Green Tea
Liqueur. all are complimented with freshly squeezed lemon and lime and topped with
lemonade.
Something new to try out and I have to say, we both loved it immensely. It tasted exactly like well-sweetened lemonade, which, according to the Handbook for Drunks, is dangerous if you can't taste alcohol from a concoction that's supposed to have it.
Food service here is fast. I orderd the Prawn and Chorizo Jambalaya with Corn Bread. I haven't had jambalaya for a while. I really hoped it was just gumbo (sans rice) but it really tasted a lot like soupy paella. Serving is generous, I counted more than 5 pieces of prawns and heafty pieces of yummy chorizo. Thumbs-up for the generosity! Rice is cooked just to the bite, not too mushy at all. Another side to the whole jambalaya fiesta is the corn bread. It's milky with pieces of corn in it but texture is a bit doughy. I think I'm expecting corn muffin texture but overall, it's not bad at all. Dessert is also generous. Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee. How can you go wrong? Fell in love with the crunchy topping at first sight. Taste is creamy and not overly sweet. You'll definitely taste the dark chocolate from the custard base. Good and yummy.After all that, PG and I got Cosmos for our last hurdle. Here's to living the single life and to lovely friends!

Comments