SAZL Sweats: Humble Boiled Potatoes

Almost everybody who knows me understand why I love to watch Pride and Prejudice. The music, the scenery, the costumes, the screenplay and let's not forget the parties, table settings and the food. Food-wise, it might not be significant and somewhat minimal but most happenings were around the table, while they were having breakfast, lunch or dinner. Of course, Jane Austen did not focus on food but on the people. In the movie, however, Mr. Collins complimented on the "excellent boiled potatoes" that night when he came over to the Austen residence to chose a wife. From the stack of huge chunks of boiled potatoes, I noticed that it was glistening and specked with herbs and thought, what does it actually taste like? Most potato dishes I've had were fried, baked or braised. Granted all these were tasty and memorable (like the beetroot and potato gratin at Momo) but boiled potatoes? Hmm...
So I came up with my idea of boiled potatoes, it may not be as healthy but it is really, really yummy!
Ingredients:

4 potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons cream (any will do, I believe that cream cheese or ricotta will also work well)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
few knubs of butter
a pinch of salt

Method:

Place cut potatoes into a large pot with cold water just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring this to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot. Place the rest of the ingredients in until butter is melted. Serve warm.
I know it's so simple and you can probably add more or less into the boiled potatoes but on a cold day like this...it's the perfect boiled potatoes for me.

Comments