Birthday Brunch @ Lawson Grove Shop

PG's first comment was, "Is that someone's house?" The Lawson Grove Shop is that homey. What I liked most about it is that it's snuggly tucked away from view and from the rest of the world but still, people come together to eat at the cafe. Walking in, it makes you feel as if you've stepped back in time, when there were cows chewing on the green grass and chickens outside.

While it is tucked away, it is no secret to the people living nearby. The coffee is from Gravity and it's smooth, silky and not burnt. I want another one. Food, of course, is the reason why people come back for more. It's rustic, simple yet filling. It is also original and tasty. WL had the french toast with marscapone and poached quince, PG had the baked eggs with sausage (he loved the sausage so much he saved it for last) and I had the brekky burritto. Someone seated beside us talked about how another person loved the breakfast special--toasted brioche with sauteed mushrooms.
Service was fast and quiet, I hardly noticed because the conversation and the company were so good. My brekky burritto has a bit of spice in it which is alright for me. I haven't had spicy breakfast in a while, so this is not bad at all. The scrambled eggs were cooked just creamy and not overly dry, it complemented the rich sour cream and the red kidney beans. A hit of fresh coriander completes the ensemble and it's time to dig in again for another bite.

As our new acquaintance left us, waving pleasantly good-bye, he wished us well saying, "I don't believe in coincidence but I believe in energy and am sure we'll see each other again". If energy will bring us back together again at Lawson Grove Shop, then life's definitely a treat.

Comments