Saturday Brunch@ Outpost Cafe, Yarra Street

What's wonderful about Outpost aside from the food and coffee is the kitchen. I have to admit that I was fascinated about the open kitchen as I walked into the cafe. A wooden board loaded with sandwiches and petite pastries gave off the impression of its abundance is a pleasant sight, plus the busy chefs and staff move like clock-work.
One down-side to the place is the inside of the cafe itself. A bit dark and cramped. There is not enough room, and I do mean literally, for conversation. After less than a couple of hours, the staff would start clearing up the table, almost ushering you out because they're busy (meaning, there are other people waiting to take our seats). It's the first time I've encountered this. Now, on to the food.

PG, MM and sis came with me to try this place out. I'm curious because of two things: one is to see the open kitchen which I've already raved about and another is the coffee, since Outpost serves coffee from St Ali. I actually liked the coffee, it's different to my taste of usual coffee (e.g. Dancing Goat and Las Chicas and Hardware Societe) but good nonetheless.

MM had the Poached Eggs Royal (smoked salmon), Sis had the Ham and Cheezy Toasty (which she liked enormously) while PG and I ordered French toast with Bacon and Maple Syrup (who can resist that honestly?). There are so many aspects to like about this dish. The french toast itself is already good - bread is well soaked with the yummy egg and milk batter, pan fried with a light crust. The entire thing is sprinkled with candied walnuts which is both creative and delicious.

Comments