Posh Croque Monsieur @ Cafe Vue, Little Collins Street

The morning was freezing and we went out to breakfast at Cafe Vue. I know it probably won't be the best-est idea in the world, given this cold morning but sis and I were both starving...plus I wanted something new and different for breakfast.

Cafe Vue is not far from the apartment and I have great expectations in terms of the food and service. This is my second time to one of the Vues (first time being ages ago, by ages, I would mean more than a year). After a short walk, we were seated at Cafe Vue. I'm surprised with how small the place was, really just for the working group wanting some take away coffee and breakfast treats. Since we got time to spend, we ordered Ham and Egg Jaffle and Kurobuta Croque Monsieur for me.

Coffee is good. Croque Monsieur is excellent. This is so far far away from what I had at Le Triskel. Not that LT's not as good. Cafe Vue's is just ladden with butter. I can literally smell the butter when the plate was set in front of me. It was rich, heavy, crunchy, and oh, so good. Living up to the 3 most important ingredients of French cuisine (butter, butter, butter!), this is not breakfast for the faint-hearted. This is probably all a croque monsieur could be, definitely a knotch higher.
I dare you to drop in for a bite of this and I promise you, you won't be back for second helping...well, probably after a month?

Comments