Fine Afternoon Tea @ Hotel Windsor, Spring Street

I finally got to go to afternoon tea. I'm often by myself when out eating but I thought about having someone to share afternoon tea with me. Really, would afternoon tea work when you're by yourself?? Fortunately, sis is here to save me from solitude. Hehe. Apart from that, she actually has a purpose. The weekend afternoon tea at the Hotel Windsor is served buffet style aside from the tier, which means I get to try more desserts-half a bite for each of us =).
I loved the atmosphere inside the restaurant. It's feminine and light, almost dream-like. I also loved the dark chandeliers dotted around the room, the high ceilings and the heavy curtains. I'm surprised that every table is full. That day, there were two tables with women dressed in pink with fur, headbands and white gloves. It made me feel like I'm in a real afternoon tea party.Aside from the ambiance, of course, I'm here for the food. First, a rose colored champagne is served, followed by tea or coffee, then the 3-tiered afternoon pastries. From the top are scones, savory pastries and finger sanwiches. I've heard so much about cucumber sandwiches and this is also my first time to try one. My first reaction is: is this all there is to a cucumber sandwich?? Oh, well. The savory pastries is another story. It's not as great as I expected to be but I guess it's all traditional and they stuck to it.

But, there's another reason why we came and it's the buffet table. It's not a huge spread but you can easily see the effort it took to think up of almost 6 different fruit pies/tarts, 4 different cakes, a chocolate fountain, crepes and 8 little pastries/cakes. It's unfortunate that they did not have names for all the sweets on display at the table but they're all good. Here are some of them:It's all very nice but I don't think I would go for something like this everyday. Going there is definitely a sweet tooth's dream come true. When we left the place I almost could not breathe from all the cakes I've tried. Overall, I will definitely recommend the Hotel Windsor for afternoon tea and for the experience of dining there.

Comments