Back to Little Creatures @ Brunswick Street

It's not often that I get to try something like this and when I do, I would like people to know about it. I guess that mixing charcuterie with fruit is not strange to many but for me, the only combination I know about was when I had pieces of prosciutto and melon (preferably sweet when in season). Having jamon serrano and fresh fig together is a new experience for me, since fresh fig is relatively unheard of in Manila. I have to admit that there are a few elements lacking in this combination but still, it's not a bad combination altogether.

What I love about the dish was the jamon itself. It's almost silky and light, saltiness is just a hint and not overpowering. The fresh figs were not as sweet as I would hope for them to be but a bit on the crunchy side. The croutons didn't really help much, I would rather have a few touches of fresh mozzarella. The olive oil is just enough to coat.

Comments