Night Out @ Lindt Cafe, Elizabeth Street

It's a Friday night out for me and sis. Well, I've actually been craving for chocolate...again. I remembered how happy I was when I first saw the Lindt Cafe at Darlington Harbour. I also remembered plaguing my friends why Melbourne does not have one??? When I found out that it opened last July, it was a trip I must make. I like the posh space at Lindt Cafe and, of course, chocolate treats included.

Tonight, my sister had the Wimbledon. It's sort of a strawberry shortcake with white chocolate. I can see the vanilla beans used to make the cake. It's a lighter option to your usual chocolate cake but I think there's definitely a better version of this cake elsewhere.
Meanwhile, I had the Chocolate Caramel Tart. I was totally unprepared for what it would look like so I gave a slight gasp when I saw my tart. There's a layer of milk chocolate on top of the caramel tart. It was kind of difficult to dig your fork into the chocolate, caramel then the tart. But the combination works well. I just hoped that the chocolate was melted and the caramel inside was warm and oozing.

Comments