SAZL Sweats: Garlic Chilli Prawns with Saffron Angel Hair

Nope. I didn't make the saffron flavored angel hair from scratch. I bought it from The Essential Ingredient. It is made from Passsion Pasta and they carry a range of different pastas of flavors and shapes. It is still considered as fresh pasta, so cooking will only take a few good minutes. I cooked my pasta without the salt, which most people would think is a crime, but I wanted to lessen the sodium content in the food I cook.


While the pasta is cooking, I threw in chopped garlic (2 cloves) and fresh chillies (about 2 fiery ones) with olive oil. Once the garlic and chilli flavors are incorporated into the oil, prawns go in next. Prawns cook quickly, then I pour in a couple of splashes of pinot grigio (Innocent Bystander, which I simply love to drink and cook with). Let the whole thing bubble away for the alcohol to evaporate. After a couple of minutes, take it off the heat and threw in a big handful of spinach leaves. By this time, the pasta should be cooked and put this into the prawn mixture. What I did at this point is put in a knub of butter and a sprinkle of salt.
There's nothing left to do but sit back, relax and eat! =)

Comments