SAZL Sweats: Chic Roasted Chicken Sandwich

But this is no ordinary roasted chicken sandwich, mind you. There are a few special things that make this sandwich work extremely well. After my trip to Dench Bakers, I got inspired and bought chicken breasts and some veggies.

For the veggies, I bought baby carrots, eggplant and red bell pepper. I roasted each of the veggies separately, coating them in olive oil and dried oregano for 10 minutes in an 180C oven. Next, I placed the chicken breasts in the baking dish with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I first covered the baking dish with foil and baked the chicken for 15mins. Then, I took out the foil just to reduce the balsamic vinegar to a syrupy sauce for the chicken. Rest the chicken for 10mins in the baking tray after taking it out. Slice to desired bite size pieces, ideally, pieces that will fit nicely in a sandwich.
Assemble any way you like, can be veggies first then roasted chicken slices or the other way around. I chose the olive bread from Dench Bakers as the base of my sandwich. I toasted the sliced bread first before I started to assemble. When I took a bite of my sandwich, I knew I had a winner. I can probably eat this for a straight week. I fortunately bought a bottle of Strongbow to go with my roasted chicken sandwich. Aahh...can life get any better?

Comments