Indian Team Lunch @ Red Pepper, Bourke Street

It's time for another team lunch and I insisted on having it at an Indian restaurant. There is a reason why I don't go to Indian restaurant by myself. I really don't know how to order and I won't be able to tell whether the place is authentic or not. One of the guys assured me that Red Pepper is authentic as he used to eat there often. Indians are picky with their food and the way the food is prepared and tasted. So I guess having them along for this meal at their native restaurant, I'll be in for a treat.
Food, clockwise are butter chicken, lamb roganjosh, Indian cottage cheese paneer and vegetarian dhaal. All these to be eaten with naan and mango lassi. Everything was good (and I'm not trying to be polite) and tasty. But I liked the Indian cottage cheese paneer the best that I was asking one of the guys how to actually make it at home. One of the struggles that I had was eating with just my right hand. The guys made it look so simple but, of course, being used to the fork/spoon/knife routine, I ended up using cutlery towards the end of the meal.

If ever I feel adventurous and wanted to eat at an Indian place, at least I know 4 dishes that I can order from the menu. Thanks, guys!

Comments