SAZL Sweats : Christmas Day Dinner with Family

Having my family around to spend Christmas Day with is a rare treat. Being in Melbourne for more than 10months, needless to say I miss being around them, specially during the holidays.

For our Christmas meal, the first stop is to Queen Victoria Market. It was literally packed. I haven't seen so many people shopping. We can hardly walk from one end to the other and need to take detours just to get from one section to another.

With regards to our menu, mum insisted on having potatoes for dinner as our carb. I think she also likes potatoes as opposed to rice. As to my sis, her only request is my baked prawns.

First, the potatoes. The potatoes aren't really my specialty but I just picked the dish up from one of my friend's farewell party. She served a baked creamy potato dish, where the potatoes are thinly sliced, with cream and salt. The original version of the dish had cheese, but she took it out from the last time. For my version, I added parsley and salt to make the dish as a tasty side.
The baked prawns are created because we had left over cream a few years back. I added chopped garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper to the cream. It has been a family favorite eversince. Everyone would ask for me to make this dish. The most difficult part about making it is butterflying the prawns. The rest is easy. Just grill the prawns under a 200C oven for 10mins and you're done.

Comments