Israeli Brunch @ La Cafe, Nelson Street

La Cafe has a very different vibe for me. From the menu, it only has a few items but each promises something unique and with a slightly different take on breakfast/brunch. Most items in the menu are vegetarian, except the Big Breakfast that's with chorizo and bacon. But big eaters, don't worry, you'll still end up with a full stomach afterwards.As for me, I chose to have the Shashooka. It's baked eggs in a smallish cast iron skillet with tomato sauce. Honestly, the best part for me, was the bread. Oh my, the bread! It's a cross between Turkish and French bread. The crust was thin and crispy, inside was pillow-y and light.

Comments

Cortisol Me said…
This Turkish bread (as well as all the others supplied at La Cafe) is from Baker In The Rye - 153 Carlisle St Balaclava.