Delicious Sandwich @ Arcadia, Gertrude Street

For many times, I have passed by Arcadia on my way to Books for Cooks countless times. This afternoon was an exception, because I was starving for a quick, filling lunch. I was actually looking forward to good cafe food and I certainly got just that.

Fortunately, I managed to snag a table at Arcadia. The place was packed with late lunchers/brunchers, that it can be difficult to have you seated anywhere. A sign of a good cafe is to see how many people are ordering coffee for take-away. One of the places where I've seen this is Dench Bakers, Arcadia is the next one, just goes to show how good organic coffee tastes.

Arcadia has no menu, as everything is written on chalk boards on top near the barista. Lunches are all well prepared, from soups to pastas to sandwiches. There were several people who are coming in to order take-away from their lunch menu as well. I quickly decided on the roasted chicken roll, since I noticed that there were just a few rolls left, a sure indicator that it's a favorite of regulars. Glancing at the breakfast/brunch menu, I will definitely come back to Arcadia. I'm eyeing the Asian inspired fried eggs with oyster sauce and the Arcadian breakfast with bloody mary.

The roasted chicken roll came with a simple salad. This is delicious and almost heart warming in a way. I love the sourdough roll which was crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The roasted chicken breast was soft and tender, the skin flavorful and crisp. The odd thing about it though was that they served it with knife and fork. I was hoping that I will just pick it up and gobble everything, the Aussie way.





Comments