La, la, lobster @ Seafood Empire, Surfer's Paradise

I was craving for seafood. We're walking along Surfer's Paradise and with all that sand and sea, there must definitely be seafood somewhere! I'm surprised that the strip was loaded with Italian restaurants. I was actually hoping to see oodles and oodles of seafood around but there was only a handful of them to choose from.
Fortunately, the half lobster was on sale tonight. Why not try that? But the chilli bugs were also on sale, damn! OK. Decisions, decisions. My stomach wa gearing towards the lobster mornay. I was beginning to smell the white cream sauce on it so I can't not go for that one. Only half of the lobster, OK?
I was just excited to see the lobster on the half shell as it lands on my plate. I can smell all that lovely, gratinated bechamel sauce on it. The bechamel sauce was surprisingly velvety and light, not salty and overly buttered at all. The lobster meat was moist, juicy and firm. It was entirely lovely. So far, my first dinner at Surfer's Paradise did not disappoint.

Comments