Dessert, My Love @ Dolcetti, Victoria Street

Readers, lend me your, uhm, eyes. If you're living in Melbourne or near the city or visiting, you have to go to this Italian dessert store called Dolcetti. The address is 223 Victoria Street, West Melbourne. Seriously good Italian desserts. I've never gave any address in my blog entries because I don't want to seem like advertising but this place deserves it.
I was actually looking for Frau Haus (selling drinking chocolate and crepes) but never gotten around to really arrive at the place. But I'm glad I didn't.
Dolcetti is a purely sweet store, from candied cheesecakes to nutty biscuits to luscious tarts to fruity tea cakes...you name it, they have it, with an Italian twist, that is. When you enter the store, it would seem like it's empty but wait til you look at the trays and trays of small, bite-sized treats in front of you. I had the difficulty of just choosing two from the variety. I thought I died and went to chocolate-tart-pistachio-biscuit-mandarin-teacake heaven.

I have to...but I didn't want to...just choose two. Everything looked tempting, that when it was my turn to order, my throat went dry and my mind was in a frenzy. Is that normal? Maybe it's because of the desire to want to try everything at the same time but it seemed impossible at that instant but, then again, almost feasible. OK. Cheesecake and tart. But which one??

Sourcherry Cheesecake. Prepare for a dense, rich cheesecake. No touch of dryness. No sign of watery bits. It was simply a delight to just have your fork slice into that creamy baked goodness. Sourcherry was a welcoming difference to other berries topped on cheesecakes and made the regular cheesecake more interesting. I'm running out of words to describe but I would urge you to try it yourself.

Dark Chocolate Candied Orange Tart. Chocolate-orangette lovers, beware. This is the ultimate of ultimate chocolate covered candied orangettes. Everything is just best about it. From the sweet pastry, to that dark oozing liquid almost solid jelly-like chocolate filling, then bite into the little specked pieces of candied orange that were plump and sleek. Ahhh...That was a sensation.
I.WANT.MORE.

Comments