Pizza and Pasta @ The Last Hoot, Falls Creek, Victoria

After skiing, we were ravenous. We want food. And fast. There were only a few restaurants around the Falls Creek area, so we settled in at The Last Hoot. The Last Hoot is actually the last stop for skiers before they head up again and it's the perfect spot to watch people--adults and kids alike--slide down and line up to be taken up the snowy path again. So much for that.


Starving people deserve stomach-filling and warm food. We all love pizzas and pastas. Remembering my last pizza experience at Papa Gino's, I hope this won't happen this time.


MeatLovers Pizza - Loved the fillings and the bbq sauce. I know that maybe there is nothing special about the ingredients like salami, chicken strips and ham but you know that it's made with love.

The Last Hoot Pizza - This baby has every ingredient you can name-onions, olives, pineapple, ham, prawns, green bell pepper, cheese...Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste this but my companions said that this tasted better than the MeatLovers Pizza.

Since I'm alloergic to pineapple, our server made another cheese and garlic pizza to compensate it. For our pastas:


Fettucine Carbonara - Papa Gino's tasted better. Need I say more?

Spaghetti Bolognese - I loved this one. Someone commented that it tasted like the Campbell's spaghetti sauce.




Honestly, it wasn't anything spectacular but the service was good and home-y. I think it's a bit "bloke-y" or "for the boys" feel. It's all good.

Comments