Best Eggs Benedict @ The Botanical, Domain Road, South Yarra

One of the many breakfast places that I wanted to go to is The Botanical. I've read lots of rave reviews about this place from people that are experts in eating and writing about breakfasts and brunches. I'm glad that I forced myself to wake up this morning to have breakfast there. If breakfasts were just half as close to this every morning, I'd be willing to wake up early.

Today was a bright, sunny day though the weather was cold. Just getting enough sun is hard enough during the winter months, so when I chose my seat at The Botanical, I made sure that there was plenty of sunlight. The dining room was already busy at every table with friends and families, all enjoying their breakfasts. I've decided this morning is an Eggs Benedict breakfast, but I also wanted some cheese kransky, so I ordered it as a side. But I also wanted the Chocolate Brioche, why not? I had that as dessert.

Eggs Benedict with Cheese Kransky. The cheese kransky was overshadowed by the Eggs Benedict. Oh, where should I start? The hollandaise sauce was superb. It's creamy, eggy and tangy, just how it should be. It wasn't dripping all over like some I've had. The poached eggs were another delight. The egg whites were like clouds on a bright summer day and the egg yolks streaming down was the ray of sunshine. Next thing to note here was the muffin. These must have been house-baked because they were crunchy and tasty muffins, oh, they were well-buttered as well.

Raving does not stop here. I also loved the Chocolate Brioche with Butter, Salt and Hazelnut Spread. The chocolate brioche was a stunner. There were chocolate chips in the brioche and it was crunchy on the outside and crumbly on the inside. When I used my fingers to break the brioche into two, it didn't yield in anyway, it just fell apart lightly. Best part was the lovely hazelnut spread. It wasn't your average Nutella, it was PURE hazelnut spread. Divine.

Now I know where to go when I want perfect Eggs Benedict.

Comments