Pide Brekkie @ Lb. Bar, Oxford cr Chapel Street

Due to a hunt for a luxury item along Chapel Street, I was able to round up the usual suspects and convinced them to join me for brunch since we came to Melbourne. The closest I know to Chapel Street is Lb. Bar and after doing some research, proved to serve up a good pide brekkie, bistro/family-style.

Lb. Bar has simple interiors, simple food and cheery waiters. The entire menu written on a 6foot chalkboard with some specials, choose one from any of them and you're guaranteed a good pide combo and a hearty meal. Coffee, on the otherhand, is surprisingly good my standards. Someone said that Melbourne has a fairly good and competitive coffee culture and only a few places know how to crank one up well. Lb. Bar has a good take on a regular flat white. Brekkie Pide is on my menu with mashed avocadoes. Inside, it's hot smoked ham, cheese, tomato and scrambled egg then I smother each bite with mashed avocadoes. For the most part of my meal, I can hear the crunchy sound in every bite and the hot cheese against the cold mashed avocadoes is always a pleasant thing in the morning. Nonetheless, Moonies in Lorne still serves up the best pide for me but for now, it's Lb.

Comments