Italian Breaky @ Commercial Bakery + GianCarlo Cafe, Little Collins

If I were working near Commercial Bakery, you will see me there every morning with a sandwich or pastry and coffee for takeaway. Everything seems to be good there, from their ciabattas to croissants to their lovely custard filled tartlets. The chocolate tartlet is my absolute favorite, but I digress. This morning, I was wandering along Little Collins, hoping to stumble upon somewhere new for breakfast. Fortunately, Commercial Bakery was there to take my fall.

Settling for a flat white, nowhere does coffee better than Commercial Bakery. Breakfast specials are up on the board and I wanted to settle for something different than your usual bacon and eggs. So, I got their ricotta fritters with tomato basil salad and grilled sourdough bread. The verdict? Soft, creamy pan-fried ricotta fritters went well with the freshly chopped basil and cherry tomato salad. Spread the ricotta fritters on the grilled sourdough bread as it oozes out from its warm hardened case and you get a delicious and light combo on a bread.

After breakfast and a few pages from a good book, I wandered further down Little Collins and walked into Block Arcade. Block Arcade also has quite a selection of quaint and lovely cafes serving up good breakfasts. I spotted a seat at GianCarlo's and ordered another round of coffee and a plate of fresh fruits. GianCarlo's has good coffee, I think, one of the best in the city. After a few hours sitting and reading while eating pieces of fresh fruits, I was surprised that my mind was able to block out the noise and bustle from the crowd and the music from the cafe. Maybe this time, I have found my weekend cafe to while the time away.






Comments