Early Bird's Breakfast @ Sparrow's Nest, Queen Street

I can't really remember why I saw this place. But at first glance, I thought that this was a flower shop from the colorful pots displayed on the window sill. As I peeked inside, hey, it's a cafe, and a cozy one at that. I took a mental note to come back and now, here I am. Sparrow's Nest is run by two young ladies, serving Genovese coffee, sandwiches and pastries. It's pretty simple and well organized. They work well too, like they can read each other's minds, taking note of each one's next move. Uncanny.
My eyes did their usual scan over the breakfast board. I'm craving for a good croissant, so prosciutto and gruyere croissant it is. The Sparrow's Nest feels cheery and warm, like...being inside a nest. If this is how a real nest feels like, I would like to stay here for the rest of the day. Interiors are bright and light to the eyes and different from the usual cafe that has that damp, old feeling. You can see people dressed in their suits and heels ordering coffee and some quick pastry for take away.
My prosciutto and gruyere croissant came, warm and oozing with melting cheese. Mmmm...croissant is relatively good. Coffee, however, is too weak for me, almost like drinking water. An area for improvement for coffee drinkers like me who prefer their coffee strong and rich.
I wonder when will be the next time that I'd be lured back to the Sparrow's Nest again...

Comments