Delicious Sandwiches @ Ortigia, Little Collins

Stressful days call for stressful escapes. Ortigia is at the top of my list for quick lunches and delicious sandwiches. I'm planning to really have a quick lunch but I was immediately welcomed by the cool and pristine atmosphere of Ortigia, that I wanted to stay longer. It is at the corner of Bank Pl and Little Collins, directly across my favorite French restaurant, Vue de Monde.

I ordered my sandwich, after getting confused with the many options available there and making a mental note that I'll be getting the pizza next time. As I waited for my lunch, I sat on the wooden chair plus marble table, just staring outside. Weather-wise, it was a bit cloudy but bright enough. The view outside is nice, as I watch men in suits and ladies in their stilettoes walking briskly away, figuring out where to buy lunch or hurrying back to work.

My favorite part is the chandelier, definitely. Bright, glassy red amongst all that white washed walls.
My smoked ham, rocket, tomato, white onion mustard and swiss cheese sandwich came. It was warm and smells smoky and fresh. I bit into the bread and from that moment and every succeeding bite on, crunch after crunch after crunch. Smoked ham is not overloaded but just enough. Rocket gives the bitter taste and tomatoes the juicy and tangy sensation. Cheese...stringy and not overpowering. Great combo.
I glanced at the counter and counted that there are at least 8 sandwich combinations. Now, plus the pizza, I got 9 more reasons to come back. Sweet.

Comments