Afternoon Dessert @ Brown Sugar, Little Collins

This was where I got my first taste of GianCarlo coffee and I know I'm hooked forever. My first choice of coffee is usually Roma Coffee that was served at Journal Kanteen and The European. During weekends, my regular stroll would take me to Little Collins and Flinders Lane, still searching for the best hang-out cafe that is not too boisterous but with the enough chit-chat to keep the place lively. So far, Brown Sugar Cafe has been fitting the bill just right. One of these weekends, I might drop by early for breakfast but this afternoon, I just want to stay for a couple of hours for a good book, dessert and coffee.


I'll bet Brown Sugar can serve up a mean lunch or early dinner but I'm just too full to eat anything, except dessert. I remembered my first experience with sticky date pudding at Lorne, so I wanted to continue my quest. The dessert menu at Brown Sugar is neatly written with white marker on the mirror along with the lunch specials. There were lemon tart, pudding, chocolate mud cake, biscuits and sticky date pudding among them.


After a few minutes later, a delicious mound of date pudding arrives, with the "sticky" and creamy bit swirled around the plate. The pudding is soft and fluffy but the caramel, I'm not really sure. I think I would like the caramel richer and stickier and darker. With that, my quest continues...

Comments