Seafood @ Lorne Pier Seafood Restaurant, Lorne, Victoria

I walked along the Douglas Stirling pathway to Lorne Pier. It was a cloudy day, a bit nippy but good exercise. I wasn't sweating like a pig yet but my feet felt sore. I reached the pier finally and wait, what's this? A seafood restaurant before you go on your way up to the pier to take pictures or enjoy fishing.

There were a few people there since I arrived past lunchtime. Majority of them ordered fish and I saw some pieces of steak. Common! Steak at a seafood restaurant? But, ok. I'm guilty of eating while still half-full (just having lunch about 2 hours ago) but I can't resist. So I went for their Garlic Chilli Prawns entree and a James Boag. Seafood is always good with beer. Why not? On a cold day, it felt good.


My main arrived and is happy to see me. Six pieces of luscious prawns beside a bed of greens. I can't wait to tell you about the sauce. Contrary to what I know of chilli sauce, it is sweet, creamy, a hint of chilli and very, very garlicky with fresh parsley. It is really, seriously good. Prawns are fresh and rather generous for an entree. And bursting with flavor for a nicely prepared and made seafood dish. I wish I could order some more but I'll be overindulgent.




Comments