Mid-Afternoon Tea Break @ River Tea House, Lorne, Victoria

Several hours away while waiting for my coach to Geelong Station, I went to Babalu Bar's next door neighbor, River Tea House. It is a charming tea house to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, coffee or tea with light sandwiches or a scone with jam and cream. It gave me the impression that it's almost nestled in greenery, with flowers overhanging the benches and country-style sofas.


My order is a Marco Polo red tea (recommended by my server) and a date and walnut scone. I think the best bit is the tea. I always have English breakfast tea with milk and I wanted to try something different, aside from the bland tasting tea with milk and sugar. So why not? Marco Polo proved to be the perfect choice. It was a bit floral and fruity at the same time but still packs a punch. Full-bodied and warm but has a taste of sunshine in a cup. Date and walnut scone is just ok for me but, again, different. I wanted to order the white chocolate scone but they ran out.
River Tea House also sells over 80 tea blends from their shop and as an online shop as well. I will definitely take a pouch of their Marco Polo before I go back to Manila.

Comments