From Aunt CA: Repulic of Tea and Figamajigs

My Aunt CA sent me a box full of lovely things. I'll be blogging them as I eat my way through the items. For today, I've decided to try two items from the little box of treasures: Republic of Tea's Double Red Rooibos Tea and the Figamajigs. Both of them I haven't tried before so this Sunday is off to a good start.It's drizzling outside and so I just stayed inside to keep warm as well as do some homework. The Rooibos tea seemed to be a good idea, so I pulled one out. The packaging I should say is handy and the tea bags inside looks rustic, or organic I should say. Rooibos is a South African redbush tea, known for its low caffeine, low tannin and high level of antioxidants.


I love the rich, deep, red color of the tea, after less than two minutes, I can already smell the light yet herby scent from the tea. As far as taste goes, it is really nothing that I've tried before. I've had my share of black, green and white teas but this is something different. It has a clear and crisp taste that reminded me slightly of tea-flavored jelly then followed by deep earthy flavor as I swallow. It felt good on a cold day like this.


So, what's paired with tea? Hmm, why not chocolates and figs? One of my favorite things is dried figs, another is dark chocolate. Pair them together and what do you get? Sheer genius. The small pieces of Figamajigs are just perfect, not too sweet but the figs not totally stealing the show. It seems to be well balanced with the dark chocolate, then followed by almost very rich raisin-y texture of the dried figs. Mmmm...




Comments