Pastries Take-Away @ Laurent Boulangerie/Patisserie, Little Collins

I've wanted to try the pastries at Laurent Boulangerie for some time now and I finally got my chance. An early morning walk to work took me sight-seeing again. I love Melbourne's laneways and I get excited as I look into laneways to check out what's there--a small cafe that serves good breakfast, delicious pomodoro pasta, excellent coffee or sweet morning pastry to take-away.

Laurent can be considered as an institution, serving up French-style pastries, baked in their cafe every morning. It was difficult to choose because there were so many sweet and savory pastries to try. Since the greedy person in me wanted to try was much as I can at once, I took each of the small puffed pastries with different fruit toppings.





The tray contained cherry, pear, apple, apricot and raisin pastries. Surprisingly, biting into one doesn't make you cringe with sugar that stings when it hits your teeth. It has that light crunch, but soft and has that bite to it. It tasted fresh even the next day. A true delight for sweet pastry lovers. I can eat three of these at once! Next time, I'll grab one of the savory ones.




Comments